Saturday, January 29, 2011
a little about for the Circles slices
So, I have started this post, my very first, three times, and have finally come to the conclusion that it makes me extremely uneasy at this time in my life to be back on the internet, in plain view of virtually everyone. But, alas, I will try again for you, fellow slices. :) Three of the cutest boys in the entire world refer to me as "auntie"... well, more accurately, if I spend the night at my sister's, I wake to "auntieeeeeeeeee" at 5:30am. That means Hurley's awake. We have the same smile. I could literally talk about these three little boys all day. I love water, and have taken that love to heights of 30-ft on platform, 3-meters on springboard, and the depths of the ocean scuba diving. I love the beach and Hume Lake so much! I say "so" a lot because I get really excited and passionate about things pretty easily. I am a type-p personality (perfectionist) and absolutely hate it! But I am working on it, as well as having grace on myself while trying to figure out how to not be like that. I know I can't be perfect, but for some annoying reason it doesn't stop me from trying. I made cupcakes from scratch for the first time last Saturday... they were the result of my first cooking lesson. Being the youngest of four basically means that people do things for you, like cooking, so it is high time I figure a few things out other than baking brownies (the kind where you add oil, an egg, and water mind you). I am drawn to cultures and people and justice for the oppressed. I get overwhelmed at times with the muck of the world, and if you ever begin a conversation with me about sex tourism or child prostitution, you are going to strike a heavy cord. Circles will be an interesting experience as I actually stumbled upon it just two days before it started. We'll see what Jesus does with us, won't we? Hmm, I'm going to get ready now to meet Shannon Brown and I'll see you in a few hours.
Labels:
first
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love me some J. Suth :)
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you. I like cupcakes. You should share.
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you Jenna! I say "like" and "whatever" a lot because of the same reason why you say "so". LOL. Look forward to reading and getting to know you more!
ReplyDeletewe should go scuba diving together! I'm certified :)
ReplyDeleteand o my goodness, you are taking a cooking class?! Where?! Can I PLEASE join you. I need some lessons.
Last summer I spent my time in Nepal working to fight against sex trafficking and aiding Tiny Hands (places children who are at risk of trafficking in family homes).
UM, CAN WE PLEASE BE FRIENDS?!?! :) and I like cupcakes too.