Saturday, April 23, 2011

the end of the week's thoughts

sprinting towards Jesus and He wants me to be still.


how different and stressful and frustrating my days are when I lose sight of my priority to come to Him first and cast it all at His feet.


first things first.


the slower life is the committed life as I learn that my commitment to God takes a lot of time well, well spent.  how can it not be slower if I have to wait.


because Jesus waited to be resurrected, I can wait to be...


it is the time in between that molds me and grows me and brings me closer and closer to His heart.  it is the time in between that I learn to seek Him more intentionally and build the strongest foundation I have ever known in my God and my Savior, my Almighty Redeemer.


then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee.  How great Thou art.  How great Thou art.

4 comments:

  1. oh Jenna, how I love you! I feel like you are speaking directly towards me in all of these, but in reality we are just going through so many similar (but also completely different) situations. I am blessed to have you alongside me sister! these are all such vital lessons to FREEDOM and growth. freedom, i'll be praying for more of that and a seal over your growth already! you are loved. try to keep your mind on the things of eternity my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful entry--it's like poetry :)

    It seems always so hard to be still--everything is in a great rush. I want to go 65 on the freeway and everyone behind me wants my to hurry through everything--but Jesus does not work that way. Stillness--solitude--praying--fasting--MIA-ness from everything to be with Jesus.

    This entry is a great reminder to myself as well of needing to slow down and be with Jesus. Thanks for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, yes. there's seeking, and then there's striving. the two are different to the core and it's so important that we don't move into striving for a grace that cannot be earned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slowing down is so hard sometimes but when I do I am able to hear from God and enjoy His presence. Thanks for sharing your journey in seeking after the Lord. I can see that through your wrestling God is transforming you and bringing you closer to Him as you pursue Him :)

    ReplyDelete