less and less slices are reading blogs, which actually makes me more prone to being honest:
I am so sad.
I know that God loves me so very much.
I know that He sees me in my past, in my present, and in my future.
He wants His best for me.
He knows that I want my heart's desires to be in line with His.
He knows that I want to know Him SO MUCH MORE. and that I am SO thankful for what He has done in me in this season, albeit the daily struggle to surrender my heart, my emotions, my hectic mind, and my flustered spirit.
I will give Him thanks.
I know that my best for Christ will NEVER be good enough, and for the first time in my whole life I understand that that is fantastic, because it keeps me coming back to Him and relish in His pursuing grace and unfailing love.
I struggle to understand why I am, again, at a job that is beginning to make me physically sick. I struggle to understand why I was blessed with gifts and talents that are not being cultivated by my work environment, but rather are being castoff, under-used, and disregarded. The daily repeated phrase in my head "this is dying to self" does not keep me from these feelings of sadness, frustration, and hurt.
I know He has so much more to do in me. So much more to teach me.
I wonder if any of the pieces of life as I knew it will be reconstructed any time soon.
I yearn to feel His unfailing love and infinite compassion.
I pray that He fills all of the empty voids in my life with His immense love, and that I continue to trust Him through the sh-- of life.
I know He sees the tears well up and roll down as I type this out.
As a God with so much love and mercy and compassion ready to be given out, I do not think He would be against me looking for a different job with a healthier work environment, solid leadership, where I can be a light for Him, and where perhaps my gifts can flourish. I don't think He would be against me leaving a job that spurs the production of ovarian cysts, caused by emotional stress. Not every job will be perfect, but I would love to be at a job where I am not in physical pain.
How I want to do a good job and serve God in my workspace! How I want Him to use me in spite of myself and show me where He wants me.
I am applying elsewhere. Part of me wants to be in a real work environment. Somewhere that will grow me and my so-called skills. I will apply to companies, not nonprofits. Another part of me wants a break from life. That part of me will apply as a summer camp counselor to a local camp that I can go home on weekends and not dismiss my commitment to Circles.
I do want that break. But the driven part of me wants to fulfill some goals, wants to not struggle financially, wants to be able to have some means to bless others. These three all point to this idea I have for ministry in my future.
But I can't see the future. What I do see is a really long, really hard, unblessed road ahead of me. I see a strengthened relationship with Christ, but a lot of heartache.
There's this part of me that fully realizes that the world is SO MUCH BIGGER than little me. There's so much of His work to be done. There's so much loving and serving and evangelizing to do. Yet, here I am: crying because MY life is looking like a prolonged shipwreck. And it makes me inevitably sad, then angry at myself for honing in so much on my own life, and lastly guilty for thinking so much about me and using my time to pray way more for me than for the people I could serve through prayer.
I want so badly for Him to lead my life.
I want SO BADLY to know if I am hearing Him or if it is me. UGH. How I don't want it to be me. How I want what He wants, how I pray for Him to purge me of myself to let Him come in, how I want tangible fruit, how I want His encouragement, how I want to be able to confidently discern His voice.
I want to be obedient. I want to be FULL of faith. I want my hope to rest in Him. I want Him to show me who I am, in Him. I want to be the me I was created to be. I want to be free in every area. I want the life He always intended.
I want to represent Him WELL. I want to be a GOOD disciple. I want to show others, "this is what it looks like to be a Follower of Christ!" I want freedom and joy and love to not only pour out of me, but cause me to literally glow.
I want to be rid of fear. Fear of the unknown, fear because of a lack of confidence, fear of my future, fear that I am not getting it, fear of humanity's judgement, fear to step out in shear faith when I have no idea what else to do or which door to go through. Fear that I make a wrong decision and have heavier consequences to pay because of it. Fear of authority. Fear of friendlessness. I surrender this all at Your feet.
I miss being able to love so freely those I care about SO FREAKING MUCH.
My heart is broken.
And it is His to deal with. His to mend. His. His. His.
I'm losing another friend this week. May God grow him immensely and bless him and fill Him so much for his literal walk of faith.
How I miss friends, not community.
How I wish these tears would stop.
all to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.
I surrender all. I surrender all. all to Him my blessed Savior, I surrender all.
jenna i love you honesty in this blog. as i was reading through your list of want i realized that they all have to do with deepening your relationship with Christ and that is so rad! i want to encourage you to continue to hold strong to what you know is true, His love, His mercy, and His grace. praying for you!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing this, jenna. jenna, as i read all this, all i got out of it was frustration and battle and struggle. i don't know, jenna, it feels like you're fighting through life and maybe identifying that as what God wants for you. that's simply untrue. endless joy and perfect peace are a part of His promises. i know you know that...but i guess i would just try to remember that we are children of grace, not striving and earning and seeking as if God is hiding. we seek God even though He is right before us because, although we know Him, we want to know more. but He isn't hiding, i don't think.
ReplyDeleteJenna, I read this last week, but I'm not commenting until now (know that I've been definitely praying for you.) I agree with Bayley when she says that this is not what God wants for you, but this is so hard to understand because I know you and I know you are SO seeking. I think that you may need to stop trying so hard, not give up or anything like that, but just remember that you are God's lovely, darling daughter and He is with you no matter what. He is all around you and holding you in everything that you do. He has already won the war and it is our job to live in His triumph and share His love and who He is with others around us. And I know that is what you want to do. It may not be able to be with the people that are closest to you or dearest to you, but I promise if you ask God to provide you with people to love on, He will provide you with that and so much more. My prayer for you is that you will rest and continue to be in the Word and pray, like I know that you are doing continually and I promise that He will meet you. Even in some of our recent conversations I have seen so much break through. That breakthrough is leading you in the peace that He wants for you. He is the Prince of Peace!
ReplyDeleteJenna wins longest blog post yet award :)
ReplyDeleteHey girl, I'm sorry I didn't pray over you on Saturday. I felt like I was supposed to & failed when everyone decided to come up to our table.
:( Anyways, I am sorry.
Now, that I have read the blog:
"I know that my best for Christ will NEVER be good enough" <--- NOT TRUE. You are perfectly His just as you are. You are exactly what you have been called to be in this moment. You are beatifully & wonderfully made. Though sin is a continuous struggle, Christ's blood makes us anew every day. You are perfect in His eyes.
Jenna, quit your job. Now. Find something else, anything else. You should not stay somewhere that makes you ill. Spiritual, physicall, mental is all connected. You need to be healthy. Quit.
"What I do see is a really long, really hard, unblessed road ahead of me. " <-- WHY DO YOU SEE THIS? This breaks my heart. You do have control, you can make a difference, choose what you want Jenna.
Sweetheart. Choose joy, choose excitement, live in optimsm, understand that as children of light, love, the true God who is alive & working we are strangers on this earth passing through, aliens of this land, and we do not belong here.
I want to pull you out of this darkness, choose to throw it off, choose better, choose hope, trusting in the Lord's faithfulness. He has not abandoned you, you are in the palm of His hand. Choose to dance in the rain. This life is fleeting, these difficulties may not pass until death, but this life is but a dot and eternity is the line.
.-------------------------------------------
I proclaim the freedom that Jesus's death brought over your life. I proclaim love, truth, hope, understanding. Choose goodness. Choose the fruits of the Spirit.
Our lives our made up of choices. Choices.
xoxo. If you need anything call, if you are offended by these words call, if you disagree tell me, work through this, don't stay where you're at, you know its not a healthy place and you deserve to be happy & healthy Jenna.
that line with the dot in front of it stretches on until forever.
ReplyDeleteJenna I have been and will be continuously praying for you! You ARE a great disciple for Jesus! You ARE filled with so much wisdom! And this is only a season! I have no idea what God is working out in your life, but I applaud and admire your obedience. Thank you for sharing with us, and with me individually the other night. You truly are such an inspirational thinker and it could not be more obvious that your heart is continuously seeking truth.
ReplyDeleteJ. Suth.
ReplyDeleteI can sense your weeping. I can be in tune with your questions. I understand your suffering.
I see the reality of your heart that aches for a touch of peace, change, and restoration. The sting and strain in your heart will not be in vein.
You are such a rarity. A steadfast child of God, who will continue in these cycles of awareness, pain, healing and transformation until you are the purebride that God has proclaimed over you.
wow. i am so impressed and encouraged by your honesty. i can feel you just laying open your heart with a knife and just leaving everything inside of you open and bare to the Lord. this post read like a psalm and it reminded me of David crying out to the Lord in His troubles and His sorrows.
ReplyDeletePslam 51: 16-17 says
"16 For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it;You are not pleased with burnt offering.
17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise."
I dont know if there is anything we can do to glorify God more than offering Him the sincerity and honesty which is truly in our hearts. And its obvious you have done that. I'm full of confidence that God is going to bless you with Himself. More of His love, His compassion, His goodness. Thank you for being honest Jenna.
Jenna, as I was reading your post I thought of Joseph's story that we went over in Circles a few weeks ago. I thought of how Darin shared that God led Joseph through a process and used it for good even though he couldn't see that in the midst of the pain. I think God is transforming you and working in ways that you can't even see. You are in a time of process. God wants to use your gifts and your heart for Him and is leading you towards even more then you can imagine. I pray that God will comfort you and give you His peace that passes all understanding. That you tangibly feel His presence and that He would hold you in His arms. You are His precious daughter and you are not alone. God loves you so much Jenna :) Thanks again for being vulnerable. Your honesty is beautiful and I am encouraged by your posts. I am struggling with many of the same things and it is comforting to know I am not alone in my sruggles and that God is working in us. I would love to get together with you Jenna and get to know you better in person. Let me know when is good for you :)
ReplyDelete