Tuesday, May 10, 2011

my own personal SEAWORLD show!

I went to the beach after work... and for those of you who don't know where North Orange County is, at rush hour it is a little far to drive to Huntington... but I had been feeling like I should go spend time with God at the beach, specifically, for a few days, and tonight was my first open opportunity.  so I made the rush hour trek. and boy O boy was it worth it.  first of all, it was la playa.  the beach is my favorite place (well, kinda tied with Hume, but O man, do I have to pick??).  I just felt at peace and happy being there.  Cold, windy weather at the beach is just fine with me because I just love it.  anyway, I was doing my Bible study that I am almost done with (which is just crazy but that's for another post) and I was getting a little cold where I couldn't feel my feet and kinda felt like enjoying the beauty and wonderment of what God made all around me and taking a break from my study... I look up and there are birdies in a formation I'd never even seen before: single and long in an "s" shape... I take a glancer to the waters, and of course I am in awe of how huge it is and how God is even bigger (yay!) and then thinking of how He obviously, being so big, can handle all the stuff swarming about my head and heart and soul.  and then, jumping jelly beans!!! dolphins! YAY.  I see a few... then they start jumping.  I start to giggle.  I'm the only one on the beach by this time and do not even try to conceal my girlish excitement.  I look a little to the right, then forward.  I didn't get the dolphin memo but it was a Tuesday Night Playdate for sure.  there had to be a hundred.  they were everywhere.  I scanned the ocean and fins, fins, fins.  jumping!  playing!  then... if the water were a little warmer, I thought, that's where I'd be playing... and that's where three dolphins decided to grace me in the face of the wave.  it was so beautiful.  it was seaworld in front of me.  front fins.  back fin jumps.  then those birds flying in that single-line above me.  it was the coolest present I've received in a really long time.

when the show was over, I grabbed my slippers and blanket and Bible and trotted back to my car.  I freely smiled from ear to ear.  the girly at the cross-walk smiled back at me and I excitedly told her all about the "so many dolphins out tonight!!"  she was stoked and went to look for them.  almost to my car now, and there was a woman walking her doggie... so of course, me, still smiling, got a smile back from her and she was excited about the dolphins I told her about too.  okay, but why am I telling you about my stranger-conversations... because the Jenna that I know deep down who has been having a hard time seeing the light recently... that's what she would do: smile and talk to people she doesn't know and be altogether cheerful and exhibit joy.

I don't know if I am more excited that I was given my own dolphin show tonight or that I was ME for a good four minutes, and that I recognized it and it felt like home.

He is doing SUCH a work.

I am extremely, forever thankful.

What a beautiful rendition of His unfailing love.

4 comments:

  1. This is solid. I'm so glad. Praise God for His gifts, for His beauty, for choosing us to share all of this with. I am so so glad you had this moment / evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, you are so adorable haha! I love you, this is great. this is the joy that has been hidden for a little while, HERE IT IS. you are so right. He is doing SUCH a work. it's like the story you told me about the smiling at the photoshoot, you didn't want fake smiles, you wanted the real thing... and you got it! :) yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that God was able to give you joy by the beauty of His creation. It is so valuable to take those times to spend with Him. I love spending time with Jesus at the beach. His beautiful creation speaks in such an amazing way of who God is. How awesome that you were able to share that joy with the other random people around you and that you are seeing how God is working in you and changing you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds so beautiful, jenna! i'm glad you got to experience it. also, reading your blog, it strikes me how differently we all process and express things. i find it incredibly interesting. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete