Thursday, March 3, 2011

making sense of circles

it started with the comments.  you see, I am at a particular point in life where I'm not exactly myself.  things are a bit reckless and my personality hasn't been able to shine through.  I haven't been able to give much encouragement or say something from the truest depths of me when reading your blogs.  I was feeling I fell short, and sad that I couldn't muster anything out of my fingers that would so usually be there to give and uplift and bring Truth to the situation.  but it started with the blog comments.  not your comments on mine, really, but your comments on everyone else's, and even the few profound breakthrough comments I had written.  I would read all of these, and the comments started making sense to me... they started helping me.

then it was the blogs themselves.  so many things I had read on some of them and the text just joining the fogginess of my mind... but they were seeds, you see.  because in retrospect, I needed to read them for a future understanding of God.  and some parts of posts just frankly should have been circled and bold-ened with a "jenna" right next to it.

I know this is jumbly, but what I am trying to explain is that I GET circles now.  I get it.  It makes sense and I see it in practice in my own life.  when people seek Jesus together, God show us Himself through the terms of the community... I just get circles now and how it is intended to work in a way of many, and I wanted to share.   

5 comments:

  1. wow! thanks for sharing this. i have been trying to figure this out for awhile and even though i'm not sure if i fully understand what circles is for me yet, this is an amazing testament to what it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I continue to wonder "Are my comments worth anything" "I do not compare to what everyone else is saying" "Am I totally off base" "Am I horrible at leaving comments" lol. ahhhhh. Comparison is something I need less of in my life.

    I am happy for you. I look forward to blogs & comments, especially from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you when you say you "are not yourself". God knows this part of you too and how you desperately want to feel/act like yourself again. You are loved where you are at even though it isn't who you want to be right now. You are loved. Hugs!!
    So glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smiling. Been praying for you before I knew your face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, jenna, i just love this. YES i get it now too. and i think you and i had different reasons as to why we didn't get it before. for me, it had more to do with my cynicism and my skepticism as to whether or not a church program can be effective in moving people to Christ. sounds silly, huh? BUT i have to remember that the Holy Spirit moves in people and brings us together in awesome ways. so glad that you get it now too. love this.

    ReplyDelete