http://www.mormon.org/me/1V1N/Daniel
The Mormons got to him first. I've been unable to close this window on my work desktop for about a week. It's just so sad. The advertisement for this site was on yahoo and I happened to click. There are interviews and interviews galore. You can even search the interviews to find someone just like you that is Mormon. Breaks my heart. But the religious marketing is annoyingly smart. So terribly sad. Yet it makes me want to use every conversation intentionally. Am I loving? Am I kind? Am I representing Christ? We are in fact in a spiritual competition, masked by religion and religous appeal. And Mormons definitely have the Plan of Happiness going for them. Christians, myself included, best be getting on our game.
Totally. I agree with you on this one, but what I wonder is, what if they feel "God" answered them that this is the truth, how would we go about telling them otherwise and making our word more happy? I'm really bad at the whole apologetics thing. How do you change the mind of someone like Daniel? I know the truth yes but if they sincerly feel like God told them the truth, then what?
ReplyDeleteThe battle must be fought with the Word of God. Mormonism is based on the Bible and their own (several) supplemental texts. Showing them the inerrancy of what they already believe to be true (The Bible) is often the only way to break the spell of the wrong "spirit" they are "feeling"... it is beneficial to ask them if they have read The Bible for themselves. If they have, it is impossible to come to the conclusions of the Mormon church. I am by no means an expert of Mormon apologetics! This is just a bit of what I have learned.
ReplyDeleteMmm this is so heart breaking. You're right, there are so many people like this. We really need to be reminded of this to spur on an urgency in our evangelizing. I think so often we get caught up with the hearts of the people we know and love, but forget about those we don't know. You are such a sweet, loving girl and I will pray for you and encourage you to share that with everyone you come in contact with, that could do so much for the Kingdom.
ReplyDelete